Thursday 19 December 2013

Book Review: Grave Consequences by Lisa T. Bergren

For Cora Kensington, the journey of a lifetime takes unexpected twists. And her future—her very life—depends on the decisions she’ll make at each crossroad. As her European tour with her newfound family takes her through Austria, France, and Italy, an unseen enemy trails close behind. Meanwhile, a forbidden love continues to claim her heart, putting everyone’s plans in danger.
And as Cora stays one step ahead of it all, what might need the most protection is her own heart, torn between the dramatic pursuit of a dashing Frenchman and a man who has been quietly staking claim to her affections all along. Love has dangers all its own. She must escape the bonds of the past and discover the faith to make the right choices, as each one has grave consequences.

Our Thoughts...
Being the second book in the series (Glamourus Illusions is the first), I just couldn't not buy the second book! The second installment is basically the same as the first and contains even more information about famous landmarks in Italy, France, and many other places along the way. Being a history lover and loved the history sessions from the author's other books, I found that it included more depth and made it all the more realistic. I felt like this story gave me an insight and that I was on this vacation, the grand tour that is all about discovering who you are as a young adult and having more independence. I've never been to Europe before and now after reading this series, I HAVE to go! 

Cora seemed to have found part of herself at this part of the tour but I seriously felt like she just got more and more confused in some cases and it seemed as though she's feeling even more torn between her wealth and status and her comfort place, home in Montana. She becomes closer to her sisters and brother and they in turn, seem to be learning much more than her and through tears, happiness, and jealousy, they become more like a true family. That also accept her more, my favourite scenes are Cora and Felix's and how they come to terms with being close siblings. Felix is surely my favourite character, he's always jolly and accepts new things very easily. He also takes good care of his sisters and at is the clown! Especially the scene where Cora talks to him in a museum and he wished that he could stab himself with a fork rather than to wait through the history lesson! I still didn't like Will, he is a good character but I find that he sometimes comes to the wrong conclusion, but I liked that he wrestled with his self control and tried to hold himself back. But at the same time, he was never himself because of his lies and desperately trying to hide his feelings for Cora. The ending seemed a bit rushed as if everything was so perfect, it didn't need anymore. I felt after reading this book, that there isn't a need to have a third book. But maybe I get a surprise! This book is very similar to the first one and I'm interested to get my hands on the third and final book to this series!

-ShewolfLia17 

No comments:

Post a Comment