Saturday 28 December 2013

Book Review: Glittering Promises by Lisa T. Bergren

Lisa T. Bergren’s popular Grand Tour series concludes as Cora Kensington journeys farther into Italy, wrestles with a terrible ultimatum from her father, and comes to terms with the Father who will never fail her. America’s newest heiress must decide if her potential fortune is rationale enough to give up her freedom and all that God is leading her toward. And when her newly-discovered siblings are threatened with ruin, her quandary deepens. Then as Cora nears Rome, more journalists are track the news story of the decade—“Copper Cora,” the rags-to-riches girl—and want to know more about her family and the men vying for her attention. Meanwhile, a charming Italian countess decides that if Cora isn’t going to claim Will’s heart, she might just try...

Our Thoughts...
I gave this series another try partially because I got so curious and I received it as a gift (one or more Lisa Bergren books every Christmas!). I found that this book was much better than the second book and just as good as the first! Less drama for me (although Will was still a tad bit annoying because of his jealousy and pride) and more laughter and fun times. Cora seemed to have changed considerably from the second book to the third, having matured and seemed to have grasped her own power. At times though, she seemed out of control and was less grateful for the luxuries available to her but it wasn't too bad. And she was an enjoyable character that made you laugh and cry when she interacted with Will and her brothers and sisters. I appreciated Will more in the third book than the others because he really cared for Cora and focused more on what was best for others. I ended up liking him more than I thought in the beginning. 

The plot was exciting and I was constantly turning the pages, anticipating what was next. Heartache, love, death, happiness, and jealousy played out in this final book and I would have never expected the major event near the end. But I had a bad feeling about Pierre, whom I have loved from the first book, turns out that he was one of the bad guys. Even though you knew who Cora would choose to marry in the end of the second book, the Frenchman comes back to make sure that even a piece of Cora's heart doesn't  belong to him. He keeps coming back and I gradually 
came to hate him, even if his heart was broken into a million pieces. This series was well finished and I am really glad that I read the final book to see if Cora's and Will's love could stand the hardest test that they have faced yet.

-ShewolfLia17

No comments:

Post a Comment