Monday 17 November 2014

Book Review: Endless Night by Agatha Christie

Agatha Christie's genius for detective fiction is unparalleled. Her worldwide popularity is phenomenal, her characters engaging, her plots spellbinding. No one knows the human heart or the dark passions that can stop it better than Agatha Christie. She is truly the one and only Queen of Crime.

Endless Night

Michael Rogers dreams of a rich, beautiful wife and a perfectly designed house. He finds the woman, and they build the house. Then sudden death strikes.

My Thoughts...



This is the first mystery novel that I have read and it is something that was quite different that what I normally read. Since I have never read any other Agatha Christie books before, I do not know if they are the same as this one. Endless Night was not really a mystery, and, rather, became a study on the thoughts of humans. Michael Rigers gave me a funny feeling throughout the book and acted very strangely in a subtle manner. But I always got an impression that this narrator was not reliable because of his options, especially at the end. The couple were realistic and had plenty of depth to them, but they could still gave a reader a queer feeling that you could not trust a single person in the story. Many times I would get a feeling that this might be all a dream or some trick of some sort that the narrator, Rogers, would plan. 

Overall, the story did not impress me in the end with a ending that you would feel tricked, although the clues added up with additional foreshadowings. Maybe this book is different than Agatha Christie's others such as Miss Marple, but this one seems more of an absurd plot.

-ShewolfLia17

No comments:

Post a Comment