Sunday 31 August 2014

Book Review: Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren



IT'S ONE THING TO BATTLE FOR LIFE...BUT WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN DEATH ITSELF COMES HUNTING? 



The Bettarinis and Forellis have found rich fulfillment together in medieval Italia. But after fighting off countless enemies, they now must face the worst foe of all. As the Black Death closes in upon them, threatening everything and everyone they hold dear, Lia and Gabi–and the knights they love–must dig deep within to decide how they might remain safe…and if they need to risk it all in order to truly live as they’re called. 

My Thoughts...
Okay, so many readers got a little scared that everyone would die in this amazing ending to a beloved series such as this one. And I was one of them! After countless reassurances by the author, I had to find out what became of these brave and courageous characters. The beginning of the book will seem very slow as the plot starts building up and I began to think that this book would not be the same as the rest, and I didn't know if I would like that. But as the story progresses, I realized that the author put that slowness in for a special reason, the only time for peace before the plague. Reaching for my Kleenex box as I finished the two last parts, the characters are forced to learn that every moment of life is precious, instead if wasting it, enjoy and celebrate each and every moment with the people we love. Following each character through some exceptionally hard times was challenging as they waited out the plague. The ending was beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time, leaving a beloved series that I have read throughout the years. 

The characters are older and therefore, face different kinds of problems than in the earlier books. The themes are more mature as Gabi, Lia, Marcello, Luca, and the others navigate these especially challenging years, and what lay ahead for them in the future. I laughed and couldn't stop crying in the second half of the book, constantly wiping my eyes. For readers who are looking forward to reading this book, be emotionally prepared and have a box or two of Kleenex at your side! 


-ShewolfLia17

No comments:

Post a Comment